Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week of January 23, 2012

This week I will begin my lessons using a Chinese New Year theme since Monday is Chinese New Year. My focus will be on MAIN IDEA and supporting details in the stories we read.
The 5th grade has a list of vocabulary/spelling words to learn this week from Out of the Dust and they are posted on my Spelling City page. Go to www.spellingvocabularycity.com and enter: peele and then gocougars for the password. Each student can memorize each word and how to use it in context using this excellent tool at their fingertips.

For my math students we will focus on word problems for division in fourth grade and in 5th, multiplying and dividing fractions. I can't emphasize enough the need for each student to memorize their multiplication facts.

Please check the NCS website for events going on this week as it is a busy week with homecoming/spirit week, basketball games, and more.

I hope you all have a very productive week!

Mrs. Peele

No comments:

Post a Comment