Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's NCS Bookfair Week and NC State Fair begins Thursday!

Come to the Fair! The NCS Bookfair and the NC State Fair!!!

Mr. Peele and I will be showing our pigs this Saturday at the Kelly Building at the NC State Fair!

Come and visit us - the shows will be at 8 am, 12:30, and 1:30 pm. Also, this year I have a painting in the art show at the fair .


The fifth grade has been studying weather, as you know. Yesterday some of my students and I found a great song about clouds on www.schooltube.com . It was a great way for them to learn the different types of clouds and remember them, most of all.


I found some beanbags in my closet at the start of school. They are great for so many things.

In Mrs. Vassar's class , I 've been using one as a microphone to pass to each student in my group.Only the student with the microphone gets to talk which cuts down on any interruptions.

In math, the beanbag is a great tool to learn math facts by throwing it back and forth and saying the math facts. In language arts, it is a great sequence tool, phonics tool, as it passes from student to student. I love beanbags.



Have a great week and don't forget to come to the NCS Bookfair and the NC State Fair!


Mrs. Peele

No comments:

Post a Comment